Summer Youth Leagues 2023!
We want kids of all ages to learn and enjoy the sport of bowling! While the last couple years have been difficult, we are excited to be bringing back youth leagues this summer! We hope to have enough interest to have a couple different sessions of youth leagues, based upon ages.
The important things to know are as follows:
- These leagues are NON-COMPETITIVE. The intention of the Summer Youth Leagues are to have fun, gain experience in a stress-free environment, and to learn basics about the sport.
- These are not USBC-Certified Youth Leagues (as they are non-competitive, and are not coached by USBC-Certified Coaches). We want this to be a FIRST STOP in your bowling journey, and while everyone is welcome, we want everyone to have a good time, and we don't want to pit experienced kids against inexperienced kids. That said, if your child wants a competitive experience, we do know some great centers that offer youth programs more centered on that, and would be happy to point you in that direction.
- We will go over basics like basic lane etiquette, proper ball handling, proper throwing techniques to gain consistency, using the guides on the lane (arrows and dots) to improve your aim, and how the scoring system works.
- No equipment is necessary. If you have your own shoes or ball, that's fantastic and you're welcome to bring it. But we do not require that, as your payments will include usage of our house balls, shoe rental etc.
- Bowling is a great athletic activity! Bowling improves your physical health, your social health, and is a fantastic sport to consider for college acceptance and scholarships! Many high schools offer bowling classes and Varsity programs, and learning early gives kids the opportunity to gain access to these social/athletic groups!
- For kids age 10 and up, we do not require adults to remain during league time, though you are encouraged to watch and encourage your child at ANY time! (We do have a full menu as well as full bar open for adults at any time, and water and soft drinks are available for the kids!) Many parents find it a great time to get some work done, check email, have a drink or two and just enjoy spending time with their kids in a stress-free environment.
So, if this league sounds like a good fit for your child or children, please click the button below, and fill out our interest form. This will help us decide league sizes, dates and times, and get you signed up to receive the most up-to-date information! Thanks for your interest, and we hope to see your kids this summer!